At 12:58 -0400 8/3/03, Ted Husted wrote:
AFAIK, there really aren't any open-source business application controller frameworks "out there" now, and Struts often ends up filling this void. Before we talk about extending Struts so that it encroaches on business application space, perhaps we should consider whether "Struts is enough".

What I'm thinking is that below Struts there should be a pure business application controller framework. It would have all the same hallmarks as Struts, such as input helpers, locations, handlers, and message resources. But, these would all have pure signatures, free of web and servlet semantics. Essentially, Struts without HTTP.

Have you (or anyone on the list) looked at Bob McWhirter's "werkflow"? http://werkflow.codehaus.org/

I've been meaning to look at it more closely to see if it qualifies as some or part of the "open-source business application controller frameworks" you mention.

Joe
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier