From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 7:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [BeanUtils] Interesting Microbenchmarks

Kurt,

Why don't you hit that thing with a profiler?

When I hist a large number of logic:equal tags with a profiler I found an
unexpected performance issue in CompareTagBase:

        if ((type < 0) && (value.length() > 0)) {
            try {
                doubleValue = Double.parseDouble(value);
                type = DOUBLE_COMPARE;
            } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
                ;
            }
        }

I have a fix for this mostly complete but and need to get it finished before
jstl makes it irrelevant.  :)

Brendan