On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Steve Raeburn wrote:

> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:07:25 -0700
> From: Steve Raeburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [OT] List problem - Long delays before some posts hit the
>     mailing lists
>
> Is anyone else experiencing strange delays with some messages?
>
> This message took neary two days to hit the list, but most others are pretty
> immediate. I've had the same thing happen several times on the user list.
> They seem to get there in the end, but must take a tour of the Internet
> before arriving.

Thank SoBig.F for that.  The messages from this virus (and the
stupid/useless responses from virus checkers that don't seem to understand
that the "From" address is forged) have significantly impacted the
responsiveness of mail servers all over the Internet, because they are
busy handling all the useless traffic.  Fortunately, it's supposed to
expire on 9/10/03 ...