Don Brown wrote:
For example, currently, we have quite a few Struts extensions, example
applications, and related frameworks that I feel Struts could do a better
job of encouraging.  Instead of requiring an extension developer to submit
a patch to bugzilla to change a description or add their project to the
page, why not have a page that aggregates extension project's RSS
announcing new releases into a news-type page.  Giving extension projects
more exposure will generate more interest in finding ways to make Struts
better.  Look what it did for Maven :)

How about if we give a wider trial Forrest on the Community section first? This would be mainly News and Status, Resources, and could also include a Wiki compilation.

If it doesn't work out, the Community section would be easy enough to roll back.