Don Brown wrote:
If that's the case, I really want to start kicking 1.x releases out the
door.  What can I do to help?

The big stumbling block was that some of the tests weren't running. If they've been fixed, then anyone could cut a release when they felt the code base was ready. Like, say, now. :)

The release guidelines are here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/releases.html

and there's an old draft of a release plan here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/proposals/release-plan_1_2_0.html

If someone else wants to jump and be the release manager, be my guest :)

I still haven't actually gotten through the legacy LATER or REMIND tickets that we batch marked as part of the "get 1.1 out the door" initiative. But I have been through the truly old and decrepit ones, and enough may have been done on that score for now.

I don't actually believe that the site documentation is ready for 1.2.x GA release yet. But, it doesn't have to be. We can cut a 1.2.0 to shake out what needs to be documented, make some updates, and then roll 1.2.1. The overall Jakarta mode seems to be 4-6 releases to a single GA release, so I wouldn't expect a GA until about 1.2.5 anyway.

Of course, we will have to resolve the pending veto discussions before cutting a Struts release of any kind, but I imagine that can happen over the weekend, or even as part of a revised Release Plan.