Ted Husted wrote:

AFAIK, it's a decent milestone already. :)

I believe to get it ready for "prime time" as a General Availability release will mainly be a matter of updating the documentation. But, the best way to generate some interest in doing that may be to publish a milestone release.

Also, to make the GA grade, all dependent libraries would also have to be GA grade. From what Rob says, we want to use the latest Validator build now. So, a Commons-Validator 1.0.3 release would help in that regard.

The current Validator 1.1.0, and a 1.1.1 release could certainly be done.
I am leaving home at 4 am tomorrow for the weekend, and hesitate over doing a last minute release....

T e d :

If I understand the X.X.X release convention, a Vote doesn't have to be held for a release to occur
but only to qualify it as Alpha/Beta/GA ? Is that correct?

If that is so I could just stay up tonight and do a release and we would vote on the quality
at a later date, once it has been a bit.

-Rob