Steve Raeburn wrote:
Thanks to Tim & Joe for supplying patches. They made it nice and easy
for me to take that last step and get the tlds generated and into the
jar.

Ditto for the Tim & Joe kudos. Way to roll up your sleeves, guys :)

As far as I can tell, the struts jar is now being built correctly and
should be a drop-in replacement for the one generated by the Ant build.
Please feel free to test it and tell me I missed something.

I ran a manual web-app test using the Maven JARs over the weekend, and it seemed just fine. Next I want to do a Canoo WebTest for the example web-apps to be sure we are running them through their paces.

The only difference I'm aware of is that the Manifest is being generated
by Maven rather than being copied from /conf. Does anyone have any views
on whether this is OK, or if we should use the manually maintained
version? BTW, I've just noticed that the /conf version still says
version 1.1. That may be an argument in favour of generating it :-)

+1 for automatic generation.

Here's where we stand:
1. Generate the TLD files (& docs)
    -- TLDS are done, I'll look at the docs as part of 4. --
2. Run the Cactus tests
3. Build the web apps & contribs
4. Migrate the documentation

I'm up for migrating the documentation if someone doesn't beat me to it. I'll post a note here before I sit down to do it.

I'm going to take a look at Cactus next. There's a nice little section
on using Cactus with Maven in JUnit in Action by Messrs. Massol &
Husted. Let's hope they did a good job explaining it ;-)

Vincent does love his Cactus with Maven under Eclipse :)