If we use the current Validator 1.1.1 JAR, and it becomes the final release, then we could vote on whether Struts 1.2.0 can also be a "final" or "General Availability" release.

If this Validator 1.1.1 JAR does not make final, then the best we could do is mark ours would be "beta" (since it has a beta dependency).

In the second case, once Commons Validator 1.1.1 does go final, we could just tag and roll Struts 1.2.1 and then vote on that. (Or, if the change between the Commons Validator 1.1.1 RC and final were trivial, we could just patch the distribution.)

Regardless of what happens with the Validator, I would be (pleasantly) surprised if Struts 1.2.0 did make the General Availability grade. All I really want to do now is "tap the keg" on 1.2.x.

The mean number of milestones for a Jakarta "stable" release seems to be five or six. So, it would not be unusual for us to get 1.2.4 before hitting a "General Availability" grade.

-Ted.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Were we still planning on using Validator 1.1.1 when it is released ?

It's getting a little confusing, since I removed it, and called
for a release Vote. The vote isn't scheduled to complete until
Sunday Noon. And Struts source will be frozed at Saturday Midnight.

-Rob