>If we do things right, IMHO workflow support system(s) should be a layer on top
>of the foundational request handling capability, so you can use it if you need
>it but it doesn't get in the way if you don't.

I think I agree here. Isn't workflow something that the business tier implements in a
properly designed application? Since a workflow is based on business rules specific to
an organization, why should the webapp front-end deal with workflow issues, and not
leave it up to the business tier?

Thanks,
Mete