Quoting Mete Kural <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >If we do things right, IMHO workflow support system(s) should be a layer on
> top
> >of the foundational request handling capability, so you can use it if you
> need
> >it but it doesn't get in the way if you don't.
>
> I think I agree here. Isn't workflow something that the business tier
> implements in a properly designed application? Since a workflow is based on
> business rules specific to an organization, why should the webapp front-end
> deal with workflow issues, and not leave it up to the business tier?

"Workflow" is one of those wonderful words that means different things to
different people :-).  It makes sense to think about webapp frameworks wanting
to deal with workflows for individual conversations (think of managing a wizard
dialog, which is a very common use case) as well as the higher level stuff with
orchestration and all of that.