A JSP author should be able to define one without any problem. And the one suggested here, could be a standard part of your team's starter Struts config.

Well, I just want it all NOW and we're already piling a lot onto the people who are making JSPs (who, by the way, don't quite fit the profile of "JSP author" as in the way that Sun and others split it up -- these folks don't write their own JavaScript either -- yet.)

Actually, my guinea pig... er, first "student" has managed to do a few pretty decent configuration tasks on her own already.

Heck, if you throw the JSF extension into the mix, I wager you could write significant Struts applications now without writing any Java code at all. :)

http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-bsf/index.html

I have in fact thrown the BSF extension into the mix, and I'm pretty excited about it!

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin