Yes there is. Unless we can support all the features the DTD specifies then I would
say remove it. Since Struts 1.2 does not support datasources any more both the 1.0 and
1.1 DTD should be disallowed.

> > validation_1_1.dtd       <-- This moved to commons-validator pre struts 1.1
> > validator-rules_1_1.dtd  <-- This moved to commons-validator pre struts 1.1
>
> Same comment as for the Struts config files, above.

I can't make the same argument as above, however both Struts 1.1 and 1.2
do not read the Validator XML it is commons-validator that reads the files. Having
Struts register the DTD with the digester when it doesn't read in the XML is suspect.