On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Ted Husted wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:38:24 -0800 (PST), Martin Cooper wrote:
> > Actually, with this new release strategy, where should the
> > announcement message go, since it's not a Final release? The same
> > lists, or a subset? Thoughts?
>
> Following Craig's description of the Tomcat release approach (copy below), I'd say
> we should make an announcement to the Struts DEV and USER lists, with an URL leading
> to one of our home directories (or wherever Tomcat and others have been posting such
> things), but not the Jakarta announcement list. I imagine we'd now reserve the
> latter for a General Availability release that's being mirrored.

I'm fine with restricting the announcement as you describe. However, given
the size of the struts-user list in particular, I'm not so sure about not
taking advantage of mirroring for downloads. I'll take a look at what the
Tomcat folks are doing in this regard, though, and just do what they do.
;-)

> Sorry if the taglib-exercise module is flaky. If it is, mea culpa. But once it's up
> there, we can still announce it, see if there is anything else we can fix, and then
> try again with 1.2.1. That would also give us a chance to apply that license patch.

No biggie. As I said, I'm not overly concerned by the failures I saw,
although I do want to verify that the problems with (2c) are also test app
problems and not actual bugs in the core. I'll try to check that tonight,
but I'd be happy if someone else beat me to it. ;-)

Once I get the build uploaded (grr!), I'd like someone to try out the
Cactus tests and make sure that most of them, at least, run OK before I
send out an announcement.

After 1.2.0 is out of the gate, we can apply Paul's license patches, as
you suggest. Per Greg's board summary, we'll want to make sure we
have the license on all applicable files. Also, since the board is now
officially discouraging the use of @author tags, I'd like to see us
remove those too.

--
Martin Cooper