On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Martin Cooper wrote:

> The release is built, but I have a couple of problems.
>
> 1) My ISP has gone flaky on me, and I haven't been able to upload it to
> minotaur. They claim the problems should be fixed tomorrow, so hopefully
> I'll be able to upload it then.

The release is now, finally, on minotaur. You can find it here:

    http://www.apache.org/~martinc/struts/

Before I send out an announcement message, I would really appreciate it if
someone could verify the integrity of the files (e.g. by checking the sigs
against the files themselves), since I had so much trouble uploading them.

<random-spout>
As a result of this debacle, I have a new-found intense dislike of my ISP
and a new-found respect for Linux. My ISP supports only Windows, and has
been unable to resolve my problems in uploading large files using Windows,
even though it is abundantly clear that the problem is on their end.

Eventually, I solved the problem by transferring the files to a separate
box that runs SuSE Linux (Thanks, Arron!), and uploading the files from
there using scp. My ISP does not support Linux at all, yet scp on Linux
recovered from the network stalls that caused Windows to lock up. So it
seems that networking is more reliable, with my ISP, using unsupported
operating systems than using supported operating systems...
</random-spout>

--
Martin Cooper