Hello Alex,

Some time ago I write FormatTag inherited from WriteTag. It contains
logic to support i18n for Date and Number objects and additionally
format string can be added to tag parameters. For example -

 <bean:format name="mybean" property="numberPrp" format="##.##" />
 <bean:format name="mybean" property="datePrp" format="yyyy.MM.dd" />

And without format parameter it use current locale from session
attribute ( name in org.apache.struts.Action.LOCALE_KEY ) to convert
Date and Number objects to String.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

FormatTag.java