[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > 3. The XHTML and HTML4.0 standard says that there should be an attribute
> > on the <html> tag specifying the language, a la
> >

> I just added a new <form:html/> tag that will generate the "lang" and
"xml:lang"
> attributes automatically, based on the Locale bean stored in the user's
session
> (if there is one).  The "xmlns" attribute has a default value in the XHTML
1.0
> DTD, so there was no need to create this constant value.
>

> > Alf Hogemark
>
> Craig McClanahan

Ok,, I've tried the new <form:html> (build 22-11-2000)

My comments :
1. As it is now, the <form:html> expects an empty body.
Clearly, this must be wrong ?
I want
<form:html>
<head>
</head>
</form:html>

When I tried this in a jsp page I got the error that <form:html>
expected an empty body.

2. As far as I understand from http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/ ,
the <html> tag should look like this

This means that the <form:html> must also produce xmlns="..." .

3. The attribute xhtml doesn't seem to have any effect.
<form:html xhtml="true"/>

produces : <html>, and not as I expected <html xml:lang="en">

By the way, the lang attribute is constructed correctly, so that I get

Regards
Alf Hogemark