> It is wrong solution, for my mind, to rewrite source instead of extend
> struts classes to incorporate your own functionality. Of course, you
> CAN do it, but it is wrong. I speak about tags not about BeanUtils
> class - all tag classes can extended to implement additional
> functionality (thanks to Craig - final keyword removed.. 8))) )

Though I am a very, very inexperience Struts user, I tend to agree here.

Another reason for me at least, since there is an incredible dearth of documentation
on this framework, any and all new info that is
written about it should be "100% Struts Compliant" so as to run out of the box. This
will cause the least confusion for the end
user.