From: David Winterfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 1:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Struts on Dynamo 5.0

I've looked at this more and one problem is that
Dynamo does automatic URL rewriting.  That is what is
messing up the links.  I'm trying to turn it off.

The buttons aren't showing up because the method
doEndTag() is being run, but nothing is being printed
from it.  If I call doEndTag() from doStartTag(), it
works (minus the body content).

So the only thing left are the unexplained XML parsing
errors.  I've e-mailed [EMAIL PROTECTED] with these
issues.  I may refer them to you, Craig, if they tell
me doEndTag() should work this way.

David

--- "Craig R. McClanahan"

http://cmsnew:8840/simple/simple/editRegistration.do?action=Create

> I cannot tell for sure, but this looks like it might
> be either a Dynamo problem,
> or a problem with the way that the <form:base/> tag
> works.  Could you do a View
> Source on one of the sample app pages and send it to
> me?
>

> > Another is that the buttons don't show up for
> forms
> > once I type in the URL directly.
> >

> I would bet this is the same issue as the previous
> one.
>

> > Parse Error at line 69 column 29: Attribute
> "validate"
> > must be declared for elem
> > ent type "action".
> > Attribute "validate" must be declared for element
> type
> > "action".
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)

> > Parse Error at line 78 column 29: Attribute
> "validate"
> > must be declared for elem
> > ent type "action".
> > Attribute "validate" must be declared for element
> type
> > "action".
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)

> The "validate" attribute was recently added to the
> DTD entry for the "action"
> element.  Are you sure that you are using a very
> recent Struts distribution?
>

> > Parse Error at line 135 column 17: The content of
> > element type "struts-config" m
> > ust match

"(data-source,form-beans?,global-forwards?,action-mappings?)".