Chris Wilson wrote:

> hello,
>
> i was just reading on the jboss mailing list and someone was talking about
> using struts with jboss (http://www.jboss.org -- an open source j2ee
> implementation).  one of the authors of jboss said he was working on a
> similar framework, "but which is *A LOT* simpler, flexible, and cleaner."
>
> i believe it's called web work.  you can get it at
> ftp://download.sourceforge.net/incoming/webwork-0.7.zip
>
> anyhow, i'm not writing about this to publicize competitors to struts (cause
> i think it rocks!), however, i'm just curious if anyone (craig?) has heard
> of this or actually played with it?  i'm interested in your thoughts if
> you've seen it.  how does it compare?

If that is Rickard's project, he and I have chatted briefly, and have a lot of
commonality in our goals, but some differences in approach, and -- at least at
that time -- preferred open source license (Struts uses the Apache Software
License; last time I checked all the JBoss stuff was GPL or LGPL).

I have not had a chance to play with this to date, so cannot give you any more
detailed or useful comparison.  But Rickard is a smart guy, so I'm certainly
going to re-use any good ideas that I see there if they fit in to Struts :-)

> cheerio,
> chris
>
> | chris wilson || web dev ||| www.wondergeek.com || |

Craig