I've taken a quick look at webwork few weeks before.
My impressions:

1) the tag libs in webwork are similar to what Struts
has but webwork does not have the template taglib

2) in terms of architecture, webwork has a similar
model-2 as struts, but the struts-config.xml is way
ahead of webwork

3) I prefer the APL as it allows me to use Struts for
commercial product. Of course, I'll contribute back
whatever I can.

--- Chris Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i was just reading on the jboss mailing list and
> someone was talking about
> using struts with jboss (http://www.jboss.org -- an
> open source j2ee
> implementation).  one of the authors of jboss said
> he was working on a
> similar framework, "but which is *A LOT* simpler,
> flexible, and cleaner."
>
> i believe it's called web work.  you can get it at

ftp://download.sourceforge.net/incoming/webwork-0.7.zip