> From: Ted Husted [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>

> On 12/18/2000 at 5:57 PM Oleson, Rex wrote:
> > as an example lets say that I have a user registration page. If the
> > user inputs some bugus information I would like to return
> > them to that exact area of the page that they need to correct
> > the info.
>
> Besides anchors, another way to do this would be by changing
> the form's
> focus to the "first" invalid field.
>
> Most browsers will scroll to bring a form's field into focus.
>
> Not that I know how you would actually do that ...

You can do that with Javascript, and I'm relatively certain that it's the
only way.

It's certainly possible to generate Javascript code using tag extensions; in
my most recent project, we have that for precisely this purpose -- sending
focus to an input field in error situations. But that's so specialized that
I don't think it appropriate for a general-purpose library like struts.

Best,
Geoff

P.S. Hi Thor!

geoff simmons