Pardon me for jumping in here,

>> another way to do this would be by changing the form's focus to the
> "first" invalid field. ... Not that I know how you would actually do
> that ...

> On 12/19/2000 at 12:45 AM Geoffrey Simmons wrote:
>> You can do that with Javascript, and I'm relatively certain that it's
> the only way.

> I just had a vague idea about getting Struts to write the Javascript by
> somehow changing the focus property for the form tag. Which is the part
> I'm not sure about.

I'm using a slightly out-dated build (11/13) so the following may not be
true for the current build....

... anyway, in this old build, there is a form tag attribute named "focus"
that exactly does what you're discussing about. If present, the form tag
generates a little JavaScript, that sets the focus to the form field named
like the "focus" attribute.

--
Matthias                        (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])