Bill Pfeiffer wrote:

> Pat,
>
> Thanks, I was made aware of the restart option by SS support.  Cycling the
> SS server is not an option I like during development nor during production.
> The restart of SS takes a long time during dev and I prefer not to disrupt
> my production server in such a manner.
>
> It sounded as though there were plans to come up with a serializable version
> of the class in question.  Is this still in the works?

The Serializable implementation of MessageResources is in the current nightly
builds of Struts, and has been for at least a couple of weeks.

The Struts example application still has some non-Serializable context
attritutes, but as far as I know all of the components stored there by the
framework itself are now Serializable -- if I missed something, please report a
bug.

> TIA,
>
> Bill Pfeiffer

Craig McClanahan