>Being able to autogenerate the "logical data beans" would be excellent!
>And very much in keeping with the rest of the Struts framework.
>Ideally, this would be a mechanism that could also be used in other
>applications (e.g. Swing-based).
>
>So, in general terms, it seems we're coming down to this:
>
>(data bean) :: (query bean) :: (action form) :: (action object) | JSP
>
>Where the DataBean is totally unaware of Struts, and the QueryBean
>might be only vaguely aware, through use of the GenericConnection and
>GenericDataSource classes.

Sounds good.

In my ignorance (and still being somewhat new to struts) I wasn't
aware of the aforementioned generic classes. Of course the generic
outline I just posted in another mail should be adjusted to use these.

>I would also say that the QueryBean should be able to read its base
>query from a resource file, so that these can be adjusted without
>recompiling (and centralized for control and documentation).

Agreed.

Talking about this I think struts also needs some kind of application
configuration file. AFAICT the resources won't suffice as I might need
configuration information inside my EJB etc. as well.

Or is there something already which simply escaped me ?

Best,
Michael