Hello,
I am using Struts 0.5 version (modified to that it can handle default action
mappings) and am using Caucho Resin 1.2.1 as the web server.

I have defined my Action Servlet Mapping as :

  <!-- Action Servlet Mapping -->
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/cpf/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

and my Action Mapping configuration file contains :

<action-mappings>

  <!-- Default User Action-->
  <action    path="/defaultPath"
    actionClass="com.hp.cpf.beans.UserRegistrationAction"
    formAttribute="defaultActionForm"
    unknown="true"
    formClass="com.hp.cpf.beans.UserRegistrationForm">
     <forward name="success"    path="/cpf/jsps/MainController.jsp"/>
  </action>

</action-mappings>

When I send a HTTP request, the ActionServlet forwards that to
"/cpf/jsps/MainController.jsp" (as defined by the "forward" tag). Since, the
forwarded URL starts with "cpf", it is again
redirected to the ActionServlet which in turn forwards it to the
"/cpf/jsps/MainController.jsp". This keeps on looping until I hit a "Too
Many Servlets" exception.

Any pointers on how to work around this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Swapnil.