Hello Martin,

With your example -

<form-bean name="AddressForm" validate="true">
  <property name="street"/>
  <property name="city" allowEmpty="false"
 errorMessage="error.city.required"/>
    <property name="zip" allowEmpty="false"
 errorMessage="error.zip.required"/>
 </form-bean>

Global error message -

<messages>
  <errorMessage group="field.empty" key="error.field.blank"/>
</messages>

All fields (without errorMessage) such as it -
<property name="city" allowEmpty="false"/>
will be processed with message from list global messages.

Type -
<property name="ordernum" allowEmpty="false"
 type="integer">
 <errorMessage group="field.empty" key="error.city.required"/>
 <errorMessage group="field.cast" key="error.number.conversion"/>
</property>

Global error message for casting -
<messages>
  <errorMessage group="field.empty" key="error.field.blank"/>
  <errorMessage group="field.cast.number" key="error.field.number.cast"/>
</messages>

All conversion operations with number properties will use global
message to generate error message in case of wrong conversion.