I know for sure that I would need to install struts.jar, etc.. and jdk1.2 on
my development  machine in order to use struts1.0

However, when we release the final product to the customer, we only plan to
release the generated serverlet classes to the customer without the orignal
jsp pages.
We would like to release the our product with the followings:
Tomcat Server 3.2
JRE 1.1.8
and our product sepcific .war files that contains only the generated
serverlet classes, leaving out the struts.lib, etc.. classes.

However, according to the instruction on struts home page (included below),
in seemed like the our plan above is no feasible.

Anyone have any comments or suggestion on the above would be much
appreciated.

To use Struts in your own application, you will need to follow these steps:

                         Copy the file lib/struts.jar from the Struts
distribution into the WEB-INF/lib directory of your web
                         application.
                         Copy the all of the files that match
lib/struts*.tld from the Struts distribution into the WEB-INF
                         directory of your web application.
                         Modify the WEB-INF/web.xml file for your web
application to include a <servlet> element to define the
                         controller servlet, and a <servlet-mapping> element
to establish which request URIs are mapped to this
                         servlet. Use the WEB-INF/web.xml file from the
Struts example application for a detailed example of the
                         required syntax.

-Hay