John Hunt wrote:

> Craig
> I am not using form:form tag. I just use the normal
> html tags for sending the data. I use ActionForm for
> manipulating them at the server side.

Well, that is your problem then.

It is the tags like <html:text> that automatically look up the previous values
and display them.  You can see these tags at work by looking at the sources of
the Struts example application, and then deliberately makings some errors.

For example, go the login page and type just a username "user", then press
submit.  You will see control return to the login page with the error message
("Password is required") plus the form with your previous username entry already
filled out.

Craig