Dan,

Thank you for your 'instant analysis'.  It sounds backed by a painful history of
do-it-yourself.  I would love to see
this thread continue.

You make some very good points about the Event/Listener model implemented over HTTP.

I have some questions...

I don't understand why the need to do an Event/Listener over HTTP?
Is it the firewall issue?
Isn't the browser also a problem?
Would the UI implemented in JSP or Applet/Swing?

Steve

Steven D. Wilkinson, [EMAIL PROTECTED]