Hello, Torsen,

It is not an answer to your question. But I would like to use this email and
ask the struts development team about compatibility template library and
components library (http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/components/). Components allow
to define "instances" to reuse them with different parameter values. They have
good examples how to use them for implementation. They do not have a "role"
attribute yet. Both components and templates have a lot of common. Why not
combine the best parts both of them and put under struts project before 1.0
release?