I'm not sure about fixing that server side, but here is some javascript to
stop people from doing this:

Double Posting Fix:

<script language="JavaScript">
  <!--
   numberoftimes = 0;

   function checkform(){
   numberoftimes += 1;
   if (numberoftimes > 1)

         var themessage = "Please be patient while your message is posted.
You have already submitted this form.";
         if (numberoftimes == 3) {
                themessage = "Do no press post multiple times.  Your message
will be posted shortly.";
         }
          alert(themessage);
          return false;
   }
   }
</script>

For the form's onsubmit value:

<form name="postform" action="post.cfm" enctype="multipart/form-data"
method="post" onsubmit="return checkform()">