Struts will not do anything special in this case (that I know of...)

To guard against multiple submission you can put a unique id in a hidden
field.  If you've already processed the request with that id, you ignore it.
(For example, if you're an ecommerce site, your database would store the id in
the transaction record, and not process duplicates.)