Hi all,
I make a request from a menu frame for a list of items, and they are then
displayed in the adjacent main frame. Before the page is displayed, the
"list" object is put in *request* scope in the code. If the user enters
invalid data and submits the form (of which the list is a part), the page
cannot be redisplayed with the associated errors as the "list" object is no
longer visible to it. I have no wish (for a multitude of reasons) to put the
"list" object in the session even though it would solve the problem.
Is there another way around this? I have tried <bean:define> with
toScope="request" in the original page but clearly cannot call the new
variable the same thing, meaning that all my references to the bean within
the page become invalid. (I am unsure whether or not this would've worked
anyway)

Any help in finding a way of doing this without using session scope would be
very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

Rgds
David

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

http://www.capco.com