Firmin,

   Due to the inherient problems with frames here is a solution for your
case.

   Abstract out the logic to generate the list of items in a different
Action object.

   When you are outputting the the <FRAME> HTML tag,
   map that to the action object that will generate the list items.

   Ex:

    <FRAME
src="buildMenu.do?paramThatYouNeedToBuildList=value&OtherParam=2">

   If you are submitting your form from a frame and not building a <FRAMESET

   try this:
      I am guessing that you have to sibling frames and the frame with the
list items is called "menuFrame".

      <Body onLoad="callAFunctionToReloadMenuFrame()">

      this function would reload the menuFrame with the URL above:

         buildMenu.do?paramThatYouNeedToBuildList=value&OtherParam=2

Hope This Helps,
Abraham

http://www.capco.com