On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, JOEL VOGT wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I've been trying to get my own struts apps going without much success. I
> get the following error:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
> ActionFormBeans collection

If the controller servlet is not marked <load-on-startup>, or it fails to
start correctly, you will get this.

> I also get the message:
> "cannot load servlet name action"

And that message would imply that the init() method of the controller
servlet threw an exception.  There should also be some other messages in
the Tomcat logs, or to the output stream from Tomcat, describing what it
is complaining about in more detail.

One of many possible causes for this would be if there was a parsing error
reading your struts-config.xml file, for example.

> I have everything in the places suggested by the user-guides and about
> 10000 struts mailing list helpers, I don't have servlet.jar floating
> around or anything else obvious that might stuff it up. The example
> programs with struts all seem to work. It's only when I try to get some
> action classes or similar going that I get problems.
> I'm trying to run the app on tomcat3.2.1 in windows.
>
> Any suggestions/solutions? Thanks, Joel.

Craig