I find the 240ms delay satisfactory for most of my apps because the business
side logic usually takes longer to execute.

I applaud WebLogic however for their timings. Especially (IIRC) since
WebLogic is supposed to be 100% Java. I know that some other servers that
churn JSP very well are hybrids. It would be interesting to look at the
Jasper-generated source and see where optimizations can be done.

jim