When I recompile a class, I have waited at least 15 seconds. But no reload happens.
I've checked
that the class files are really getting updated and the timestamp is getting updated.
There is
nothing special written to the logs. At tomcat startup time the logs do indicate that
"Reloading
checks are enabled for this Context" for my application. And yet, no reload.

As for the explicit manager reload that causes a servlet exception, the logs indicate
that the
manager app does start the reload.The last log entries are:

2001-03-26 15:06:00 action: Processing a GET for /welcome
2001-03-26 15:06:00 action:  Looking for Action instance for class
edu.umich.umms.physicianAudit.WelcomeAction
2001-03-26 15:06:00 action:   Double checking for Action instance already there
2001-03-26 15:06:00 action:   Creating new Action instance
2001-03-26 15:06:01 StandardWrapper[/physicianaudit:jsp]: Using Jasper classloader for
servlet jsp
2001-03-26 15:06:01 jsp: init
2001-03-26 15:06:01 jsp: init
2001-03-26 15:06:03 jsp: init
2001-03-26 15:06:03 ApplicationDispatcher[/physicianaudit] Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw
exception javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources

Am I the only one having these problems?

Will Jaynes