One of the benefits of using servlets is their ability to spawn threads instead of creating a process each time.  I don't think you are going to have to worry about the load on the servlet, the problem would be with the load on the server and you can do some type of load balancing and clustering for that.  As for the managing of one config file, I would suggest extending the ActionServlet to load multiple files, that is if you have some way to logically group the different files, this is a technique that I use and it works quite well.  We have multiple "projects" in our web app and each project has its own config file.  I hope this helps.

"Tewathia, Atul" wrote:

In our project we have more than one hundred jsp (each having an average of 2 or 3 forms )and we have already decided to use struts as our framework. Now the dilema :- We found that managing such a large number of jsp from a single stuts-config.xml file will be a huge  burden. Plus, it seems the ActionServlet will be hard pressed always, as a controller. Considering both these facts we realize that there should be a mechanism to share the load of servlet through some way. Though this can be achieved by using more than one servlet , we don't want to use this solution because it is highlt complex considering the projects interwoven functional requirements.
Is there some way by which we can accomplish an efficient way to manage a large number of jsp files and to increase the performance by reducing load on the servlet.

Thanking in advance.

--
Jason Chaffee
Software Engineer