I'm trying to figure out how to pass a constant name/page to the example checkLogon
tag. I created a Constants class, with -
   public final static String STAFF_LOGIN_KEY = "test:staffloggedin";

in my jsp I put -
<app:checkLogon name="<% Contants.STAFF_LOGIN_KEY %>" />"

The issue is that it sets name in the checkLogon tag to the string " <%
Contants.STAFF_LOGIN_KEY %>" not the value of that scriptlet ("stafflogon.jsp"). Any
ideas?

Also, I am trying to do substitution on an action error with the following -

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,
                     new ActionError("error.login", "test"));

When this runs, the error message is -
"Login Error: [Ljava.lang.Object;@158bf9 "

Instead of
"Login Error: test"

This is with Struts 1.0B3.

Thanks,
Ryan "Newbie"

Ryan Cornia
Programmer Analyst
Department of Community and Economic Development
State of Utah