> Ah, ok, this way. The problem is that the taglibs are 3rd party and
> therefore should/could not be modified... isn't there a way where I
> don't have to modify the taglib sources?

What's about writing a wrapper tag which introduces a bean like this:

<new:evaluator id="evalBean">
   <my:foo a='bar'>
</new:evaluator>

<new:evaluator id="evalBean">
   <my:bar b="<%= evalBean.toString() %>"/>
</new:evaluator>

<my:baz b="<%= evalBean.toString() %>"/>

and <new:evaluator> creates and introduces a simple bean in page scope
if needed, and puts its body into the bean ?

--
                                                        ...roland huss
                                                             consol.de