It's a bug in iPlanet that will hopefully be fixed in
either SP3 or 6.1 (this fall).  When deploying, if the
app server finds any jars, wars, etc. in your ear or
war, it extracts them when it deploys.  What I've done
is to remove struts.jar from web-inf\lib and put it
somewhere else on my hard drive, and reference that
location in my classpath.

I find it strange as well, but at least there is a
workaround!  SP3 should be out this week or next -
I'll let everyone know what I find in that release.  I
did find that struts-templates still did not work on
an SP3 build on 6.09.01.  I notified iPlanet and
hopefully they will get this bug fixed.

Matt

--- "Brandon, Raymond"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Indeed I'm running on iPlanet, but I've got a
> question about your solution
> below. After deploying my app, iPlanet has extracted
> all jar files under the
> Web-Inf\classes and Web-inf\lib folders. The
> struts.jar file has been
> extracted to the web-inf\lib location. Should
> iPlanet unjar all these jar
> files here? Or should iPlanet just deploy the jar
> file without unjarring it?
> Because the jar files have been extracted, there's
> no jar file to point to.
> Instead I could add the web-inf\classes AND the
> web-inf\lib location to the
> classpaths but I find this very strange to do so...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Raymond

com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.JSPtoJava(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileJSP(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileOrLoadJSP(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileInstance(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.jsp.JSPCompiler.compileInstance(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletRe
> > sponse.callJsp
> > > Compiler(Unknown Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletRe
> > sponse.callUri
> > > (Unknown Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletRe
> > sponse.callUri
> > > RestrictOutput(Unknown Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformRequestDispat
> > cher.forward(U
> > > nknown Source)
> > >   at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(Ac
> > tionServlet.ja
> > > va:1697)
> > >   at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.j
> > ava:1540)
> > >   at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)
> > >   at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> > >   at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at

com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execut
> > e(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at
> com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at
> com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >   at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native

=== message truncated ===