I'm deploying some struts-apps on SilverStream 3.7 (don't ask...) but
the logic:present and logic:notPresent tags die if the
object-that-I-want-to-check-for is not present. This same app works,
without modification under WebLogic 5.1 and 6.0. Here is the error I get
when hitting a page with the logic:present tag and the thing to check for
is NOT present:

java.lang.IllegalStateException
Attribute org.apache.struts.action.EXCEPTION already has value
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean cartItems in scope session

and here is the full stacktrace:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attribute
org.apache.struts.action.EXCEPTION already has value
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean cartItems in scope session
        at
com.sssw.srv.busobj.AgoHttpRequestEvent.setAttribute(AgoHttpRequestEvent.java:330)
        at
com.sssw.srv.jsp.AgoJspPageContext.setAttribute(AgoJspPageContext.java:247)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.saveException(RequestUtils.java:919)
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:495)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.PresentTag.condition(PresentTag.java:138)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.NotPresentTag.condition(NotPresentTag.java:93)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.ConditionalTagBase.doStartTag(ConditionalTagBase.java:218)
        at
com.sssw.gen.jsps.PetSearch_jsp_1443952992._jspService(PetSearch_jsp_1443952992.java:642)
        at com.sssw.srv.jsp.AgoHttpJspPage.service(AgoHttpJspPage.java:92)
        at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.doServletDispatch(AgWarResource.java:762)
        at
com.sssw.srv.busobj.AgoWarServletRequestDispatcher.dispatch(AgoWarServletRequestDispatcher.java:50)
        at
com.sssw.srv.busobj.AgoWarRequestDispatcher.forward(AgoWarRequestDispatcher.java:83)
        at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.handleDirectoryRequest(AgWarResource.java:1088)
        at com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarResource.service(AgWarResource.java:523)
        at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgWarURLResource.perform(AgWarURLResource.java:72)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.httpd.perform(httpd.java:4421)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.processRequest(Client.java:881)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.loop(Client.java:1215)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java:1419)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.run(Client.java:1379)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

        Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, is there a workaround for it?
All other Struts stuff that I use works perfectly under SS but this is
showstopper. (Yes, I can replace the present/notPresent tags with scripts,
which is what I may have to do, but if I can stick with a tags-mostly
approach, I'd rather do that.

Thanks,
Joey

-- Sun Certified Java2 Programmer
-- Political Rants: www.joeygibson.com
-- My Pocket Smalltalk Stuff: www.joeygibson.com/st
--
-- "We thought about killin' him, but we kinda
--  hated to go that far...."