> What I did to handle the XML data was write some taglibs that accessed

> XML data via XPath.  I also wrote a taglib that will perform an XSL
> transformation and include the resulting output to a JSP

I think that's a viable solution; some in our company have considered
that route as well.  However, it's more than just dealing with XML in
the view.  There are also issues internal in the controller code.  For
example, if your backend data is XML, and you are processing it
internally in a DOM structure, you have to jump through all sorts of
hoops just to get to the data, not to mention problems with types and
all that.  It just seems much cleaner, after my experience, for XML to
be an adapter layer.  Once you get the XML from the backend, put it into
some beans and process it the easy way.  XML is great for B2B
communications, but why do we need to use it internally?  It adds to
much mud to the water, IMHO.  Having said that, it does add some value,
but in our situation, much of that value was obscured by the overhead.

Thanks,
Greg