"Yuriy Zubarev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David,
>
> Yes it is. I think that userForm exists after the validation
> process (otherwise I would have gotten an error earlier), but something is
> wrong
> with countriesList. The form is quite big so I'll post part of it.

The problem might be that your form is in the request scope and your
countries list does not get populated from the submitted data. I've
similar "problems" when I used the ActionForm for displaying read
only properties which did not have an <html:hidden> on the jsp page.

In request scope it works something like this:

The ActionForm instace (A1) is used to fill jour JSP. A1 has been
probably prepared by some Action. After delivering the response
(JSP) the instace A1 is forgotten and eventually garbage collected.

The teh user sumbits your JSP. New instace (A2) of your ActionForm is
created and filled with the sumbitted values. If the countries
list is neither filled in the reset() method, nor the constructor,
nor the sumbitted HTTP parameters, than it might be empty or null.

Because the instace A1 and A2 are different.

If the form is in session scope, than A1 is preserved.

--
gR