 [208.185.179.12]

From: Aleksandar Matijaca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 16-06-2003 23:35

              Aleksandar Matijaca           To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           Cc:    (bcc: Pedroemanuel Salgado-PC/PGI)
                                    Subject:      validation problem

                 17-06-2003 00:35
  Please respond to "Struts Users
                    Mailing List"
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi there,

this is my first post!  I have inherited a web-based struts
project that is frankly a mess...  I have managed to straighten
out most things except something that is driving me nuts - this
is the problem:

Validation - I have 3 fields that need to be validated - if I do not
enter anything on all three fields, validation happens - I display
the messages in the JSP using the <logic:messagesPresent> 'loop'.
However, the problem occurs if I fill in one of the fields, it
STILL reports that the first field is in error (the other two
which are unfilled are in error alos - this is a good thing), even though
there is
a value there (the validation is simple 'required').  If I fill in
ALL THREE FIELDS, then validation is OK, and I go on to the next
page.  There seems to be almost some kind of a "caching" of errors
that is happening, and I don't know how to "turn it off".

Thanks Alex.