Klaus,

Thank you for the response.  Let me see if I can explain a little bit more
about what I have done and see if this changes your answer at all.

I have two jsp forms right now.  One is login.jsp and the other is
signup.jsp.  Each one has an associated Form and Action.  If the login
fails it goes back to the login.jsp page.  If the login succeeds, it loads
the mainmenu.jsp page.  If the signup fails it goes back to itself if it
succeeds it goes to the mainmenu.jsp page as well.

Both the login and signup when successful load the client_id into a
ClientBean along with a timestamp so that I can track how long the client
has been active (and wether or not to invalidate the session because of
inactivity).  Since this application could potentially have thousands of
active users logged in I do not want to have a lot of data hanging around
in "session" beans.

I would like to have the client_info data loaded from the database only
when the client needs to review or modify it.  I do not want to keep it
around for longer than the "request".  From the mainmenu.jsp the client
can choose a link that goes to the clientinfo.jsp form where they can
review their client info and make changes.  The clientinfo.jsp has been
linked with the ClientInfoForm bean and ClientInfoAction to handle the
validation and saving of the modified data.  My problem is that the
ClientInfoBean that holds the data to be modified is not loaded at the
time that the clientinfo.jsp is loaded.  Because of this, there are no
values loaded into the form.  The form is blank (as if the client_info did
not exist).  I need the ClientInfoForm bean to talk to the ClientInfoBean
before the jsp page starts loading the form (so that the current data can
be loaded into the form).  Does this help out at all?

-gerald