I believe you have to use the escape character for the
quotation marks inside the xml value.  For example,
you have page="x"  Any quotation marks inside x must
be \"

Try this: <html:link
page="<%=\"/searchHolidayMonth.do?month=\" +
monthsCount + \"&year=\" + currentYear %>"
styleClass="secondaryNavigation">

Sean