I have previously been populating my options form elements from
ArrayLists I have stored in the application scope.  I am now
implementing a more robust caching mechanism for this information and am
trying to find the best way to access these collections now.  For
example to get to one of my collections now, I would use the following
call:
ArrayList countries = CacheManager.getMenuCache().getCountries();

CacheManager is stored at the application scope, under
Const.CACHE_MANAGER_KEY.
Is there a way to just use the options tag, with something like:
session.getAttribute(Const.CACHE_MANAGER_KEY).getMenuCache().getCountrie
s() %>" property="value" labelProperty="label"/>

or do I need to have a <jsp:useBean> tag to get to the collection?

Thanks,
Alex