Personally, I would suggest autodeploying on the production/test
platform from the CVS daily, as is done on Jakarta, and then running a
suite of Unit and application tests. This can give you much more leeway
over what platform developers use. However, it is of course vital that
the production/test platform be as close to the production target
platform as possible (software, hardware, DBMS), and that the latest
Unit and application tests be run every workday.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/