I am trying to achieve the following:

<struts-config>
  <action-mappings>
    <action path="/myAction/*"
type="com.company.action.MyAction" />
  </action-mappings>
</struts-config>

Essentially, I would like for a URL such as

http://www.company.com/app/myAction/filename

to trigger my action (assume in this example that the
ActionServlet is mapped to "/app/*" in the web.xml
file).  I would like "filename" to be dynamic, so that
a user could essentially download the action's dynamic

To the best of my knowledge, Struts does not support
this.  The best workaround I have found is to make
this action the default action:

<action path="doesn't matter"
type="com.company.action.MyAction" unknown="true" />

But I really don't want to have to do that, especially
since I will want to have many such action classes.

It looks like I should be able to extend some class
(ActionMapping?) in order to enable such a feature.
But I am not sure what steps to follow.

Has anyone encountered a similar challenge?

Thanks
JB